Special events are a way for nonprofits to:
- Recognize and strengthen relationships with current donors
- Recruit or introduce your organization to new donors
- Generate publicity for your organization and its mission
- Develop fundraising experience for your staff, directors, and volunteers
- Raise money (though some studies and experts suggest that special events are not the most effective means to do this)
Some types of special events are: auctions, raffles, charity balls and galas, phone-a-thons, and sport events, like 5K runs/walks or golf benefits.
See also our related Knowledge Base articles:
To learn more about this topic, selected resources below may also be helpful.
Thank you for rating!
You have already rated this page, you can only rate it once!Your Rating: Average Rating (0 votes cast):
Search the Knowledge Base
Questions by Category
- Funding Resources
- Funding Research
- Nonprofit Management
- Individual Grantseekers
- Resources for Non-U.S. Grantseekers
- Preguntas y respuestas en español