Hiring a consultant is much like hiring an employee. Some key points are:
- Know why you need a consultant and what you want him/her to do
- Ask for word-of-mouth recommendations or consult professional associations
- Interview candidates to assess skills, experience, and fit with your organization
- Check references
- Determine fees and payment schedule
- Have a detailed written agreement
To learn more about each of these points, please see the resources below.
See also our related Knowledge Base articles:
To learn more about this topic, selected resources below may also be helpful.
Thank you for rating!
You have already rated this page, you can only rate it once!Your Rating: Average Rating (0 votes cast):
Search the Knowledge Base
Questions by Category
- Funding Resources
- Funding Research
- Nonprofit Management
- Individual Grantseekers
- Resources for Non-U.S. Grantseekers
- Preguntas y respuestas en español